Major Project Pre-Production | Simons Feedback

After our first tutorials today I started to think about what I was passionate about and what I wanted to film. I had a one to one meeting with Simon and expressed my interest in doing a documentary based on the Holocaust. He advised me that there have been many documentaries done on that particular subject that it would be challenging for mine to stand out. I started to think deeper into what I actually wanted to do and produce; I feel like my first idea wasn't a good way to go since I didn't have any passion for doing it. When thinking about the pre-production, I still wasn't 100% on if I wanted to go ahead with the Major project pre-production or the professional pre-production; my original ideas were for the professional pre-production, but after changing my mind I felt like the major project pre-production should be the way I go. I thought to myself that I cannot keep changing my ideas, I have to be keen and feel strongly about one idea that I should go ahead with.

2012 at Benchen Karma Kamtsang
I started to plan and decided for sure what I wanted to go with. Since I was a little girl, I was living around the religion of Buddhism, this has always been an interesting topic to me which I'd always wanted to explore further but never did. Now, I have figured it would be the perfect opportunity to explore this further! There is a Buddhist community centre located at the heart of Poland in Warszawa. To me it is fascinating that this big Buddhist community centre is located there since according to research there are 87.5% Catholics in Poland; why is Benchen Karma Kamstang there? 

I really want to find a great way to tell the 'Benchem Karma Kamstang' history/story. Myself, I feel it is important to be able to interest and shock the viewers while watching the documentary. Making sure to really show that the topic is actually interesting, not only to the viewers who are religious but also others who might not be so interested in this topic' what I want to achieve from this project is to actually get viewers to be interested in something they would never think of being involved in. It will be a sensitive subject for a few, so I have to keep in mind to be very respectful and very believable and also knowledgeable. 

2012 Benchen Karma Kamtsang

 From the beginning, I was set on doing a documentary, a very informative and interesting one. I wanted to branch out to something that no one else would; I feel like I am going out of my confidence zone while planning this pre-production/major production idea but on the other hand I need to go all out for this final year! After having my tutorial with Simon, I felt like my original ideas were not that brilliant. I came in with the original purpose of doing the professional pre-production but went out with choosing to do the major project pre-production option. I want to explore the reasons why this community centre exists and especially why it has expanded all over Poland. I want to find out about their environment and where they get their funding from? Making sure to show how confident the community is and how welcoming and accepting the individuals are. Expressing the struggles of these people and how they manage with those. This subject especially has A LOT of in-depth research into it and very long history behind it; I need to really put my head down and start thinking of the KEY focus I want within this documentary.


By Benchen Karma Kamtsang Poland



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)