Working On My Script - Project Development

Script Development

This is was one of the hardest things that i had to do for this project, in my previous post's i have mentioned that this was never my best area because i find it hard to screen write, but with this project it did not have to come from my own mind. I could take my features film script and change it to the way i would like it to lay out, this made it easier for me. I still found it hard to change it and edit it because i thought i was making it worse but really i was changing it to the way i would direct it.

I spent a long time editing the script but it was still hard for me to change it so i started to focus on other production plans. When i started to hire my actors and find my locations the script suddenly became easy to edit because i adjusted it to my actors and the locations i finally found. I knew that i couldn't keep the script the way it was originally in the film because that is just copying, i did not want to do that at all. When i started to talk to my actors they told me their skills and the way they prefer to act i took those into action and added it to the script, or i removed parts and replaced them with what i feel is right. One of the biggest changes i had to make is the ending where Edward Norton visits the Paper Street house, i could not find an abandoned house anywhere so i had to change it completely, because i couldn't find the location it made it easier for me to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)