Fiction Adaptation - Project Evaluation


I have finally finished my project and decided to look back at the time i started this unit and see what i had improved on since the begining. When we recieved the briefing of the Fiction unit i knew i wanted to grab at the oppertunity and impress not only Mike but myself. I have been waiting to create something totally original and creative. When picking the poem i knew straight away i wanted to do 'Trespass' by John Clare it stood out to me a lot! I have always wanted to work on my personal filming skills and experiment with different kinds of equipment.


When i started to think about what i was going to film i was already inspired by other people on youtube. I wanted to really adapt to the Poem by John Clare and i wanted to experiment with my Filmmaking Skills, even though i did not experiment with the overall video i made something i have never created. When shooting for the video i took out all the equipment posibble to really experiment and learn new skills, even though some shots did not work i learnt from my mistakes.



The day was very nice while we were shooting and the sun worked in our favour, it gave me some great shadows and fantastic exposure! I faced some difficulties with the track and dolley and the camera stabilizer it did not want to stay still and be smoothe, due to the ground. I also had many different lens's that i experimented with on the camera, pretty much all of the shots i have filmed are filmed on different lens's which i loved! My favorite is the 50MM that foxused on Vanessas face expressions but blurred the background!


While on set i had help from my small crew who took photographs of the day and helped me with the equipment. There wasn't a lot of public on the day so the overall shoot went very smoothly! I was thankful for the weather and my cast and crew who were very proffetional and helpful. I also had a few batteries on set so my camera wouldn't die and i would be left stranded without any filmaking. I was very happy with the overall filming day.



The post-production process was one of my favourite activities, i love to edit and play around the the footage. I made sure that everything was perfect, i took Mikes feedback and adapted it into my final piece! While working on th project i wanted to make sure i got my colour grading perfect and all the shots were all in focus. I did see that i had a few shots that were not in focus and i struggled to add them into the final piece. I also had a few issues with warp stabilizer where it fuzzed out in certain points and did not look very profetional.


Overall i had a great time filming this entire project and i also enjoyed editing the piece. I had learnt a lot as a filmmaker and i really feel this is what the unit was about experimenting with your skills and improving them. Until i filmed this i had never used a track and dolley or a gimbal, i had never even colour graded. I feel like this really empowered me and i am a more confident film-maker, i feel like there is still a lot of room for improvement. I should really allow more time for filming so i could perfect almost every shot, i should have also went to many different locations not just sticking to one. I also thought that i should have included more people in this piece and adapt more to the brief. Overall i think i adapted well to the poem and did it justice, as well as perecting my directing skills.

Final Export

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)