Project Evaluation

Evaluation

I have improved my project a lot before it was finished, when i filmed my entire film and started to edit my original idea was to make it a 2 minute opening but after seeing my shots and the way i wanted it to play out it made more sense to be a trailer. As we also had a limit to just 2-minutes it was almost impossible for me to create it into a 2-minute opening. I really disliked it at the beginning due to me originally editing it for an opening, after i scraped it all and started fresh i gained my confidence back. I edited the begging and showed it to Simon, he mentioned to me to make my flashbacks as real as possible and to edit them in a way where the audience can feel that it is a flashback.  He loved the none diegetic music in the background of my film and he also gave me some tips to darken my overall atmosphere of the movie due to it being so sad and gloomy. 

When focusing on my titles i wanted the beginning to be blurred so we really focus ourselves on the title and what it actually means, it already sets the audience in a setting of a dark film. We also focus on the music and the rain and the quiet sounds of Chelsea moving around in bed, as Fergus said in out workshops a film is nothing if the audio doesn't work. I feel like my audio is the strongest point in my entire film, it is so clear and understanding.

I am very happy that we have done a lot of short little projects before hand so i knew how to perfectly edit on Adobe. I feel very confident in my editing skills and that is one of my strongest points in film making. I really have learned quiet a lot editing through adobe, i used to edit on Final Cut Pro but after opening Adobe i have never gone back to Final Cut Pro X. I was very critical of myself when editing my film because i want it to be done to the best of my ability. But after realising that it will always be done to the best of my ability i stopped being so harsh.

There is always room for development within everyones work, i feel like i could develop my script even better than what it is now. I have received great feedback from Steve but i am still not too confident in what i have done to the script i feel like it could always be better. I have never been confident in script writing but after so much practice i feel like i'm much better at it. It's never been to easy for me to write but after Steve's wise words i'm proud of what i have done so far. I am and i have always been very confident in editing and film making but i have never wrote a 10 page script. I feel like that developed me into a great film maker while writing this script. My script may not be something professional and brilliant but for how much work i have done to it and how much it has progressed from the first draft to now is fantastic. My film on the other hand seems perfect, for not ever filming with Sony EX cameras to picking one up and creating this projects within one months seems absolutely crazy. I have developed so much as a screenwriter and film maker that i am surprised myself, i have never even used a sony camera until 2 months ago. I have always swore by Cannon but now i haven;t picked one up since i got introduced to Sony EX cameras. I have really also developed my script after working on it for a month! After Steve told me to change my ending to make sure it has a resolution and worked hard to come up with one and i did. He told me to focus myself on the key moments of my script and how i wanted it to come across to my audience and that is completely what i did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)