Screenwriting - Contextual Research

Screenwriting

Screenwriting has never been my strongest point. I have always had trouble writing no matter what it is due to me having English as my third language, so i usually mess up not only on the spelling but grammar and sentences themselves. I can't just give up so i knew i had to at least try, and i have! After having my meeting with Steve he gave me a lot of help on how to improve my screenwriting skills not only did i go away and improve those i did some research and talked to some amateur screenwriters.

I googled a lot of screenplay templates and practiced a lot to write most of my script that way but i also watched a lot of YouTube videos of screenwriters explaining how they write. Screenwriting is almost the most difficult part of film making, and correcting is even harder. Watching this video really gave me confidence into re-writing my script and also be prepared to write even bigger and longer scripts in the future. This man also gave me the ideas to read newspapers and articles every single day even for 5-10 minutes it will really help your brain develop some great ideas when they are needed, your brain is one of the biggest muscles it needs to be trained and worked everyday. Here is another video the same man uploaded talking about screenwriting structure. He is a brilliant screenwriter and offers a lot of help to many people all around the work on YouTube, the biggest platform for TV currently. I really understand where is is coming from and what he means when he talks about having a structure for screenwriting, is it really needed? He goes on to say that sometimes the best ideas and screenwriting structures come out of nowhere. You might have written something down and brainstormed and wrote a lot but that can all go to scrap if your brain magically thinks of something totally different that's even better than your structured idea.

'If it sounds like writing, re-write it'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)