Chosen Locations - Project Development

Planning My Locations

Planning my locations was harder than i thought, the most important scene is filmed in a hotel room. I
had searched for a willing hotel to allow me to film inside but there was no luck until someone had helped me who works at Oakwood House Hotel. I then got in contact with the receptionist she assured me that there would be no problem in filming in this hotel as long as we finish by 1PM, which was a perfect time for me anyhow. I was originally going to film in Hilton hotel in dartford but that fell through due to the manager not wanting me to film, it made it harder for me as i had to rush to find another willing hotel. And after Oakwood House confirmed i was beyond happy, the last location that took a little bit longer to find was the bar. My partner works for a restaurant here in Maidstone and i was lucky enough to contact the manager and was able to have the restaurant just to myself and my crew to film the last scene.

Since most of my scenes will be filmed in this hotel there is 2 more scenes that i had to plan, a normal bedroom and also a car park. Both of these locations are the easiest to find, i will most definitely use my own home to record the scene in the bedroom and the carpark will not be a difficulty to film in. Both of these locations will need props and a brilliant setting to poetry the exact visual that i am looking for. David Fincher always uses dark grains and blue tones to create a sad dramatic visual and i really would like to do that also but in post-production. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)