Major Project - Filming / Travel Day 3

Today was the day I started officially filming with Izabella, I wanted to spend the entire day with her since the weather was still working in our favour. My father on the other hand was nowhere to be found, I was actually starting to get worries since the next few days I would be filming with him. 

Anyhow I worked with my small crew to start filming while Izabella was on her shift in the C Block. We had a casual sit down together and just started talking for hours, this was great because it felt relaxed and natural which is what I hope to portray within the edit. Although I did feel a little disconnected from Izabella sinec I haven't since her for over 10 years, we used to have a very strong connection. When filming in the C Block we did have few interruptions since Izabella was currently working. This didn't stop us re-recording a few times since what she was saying was very helpful and I was happy with it. We then took a break just like the script/plan stated and moved along outside.

I tried to follow my script/schedule as much as I could throughout the day with Izabella since I nearly started to get lost in the conversations and started to forget what I needed to film. Izabella and myself went around the community centre discussing what has changed at the community since the last time I was here, this was all shot within actuality shots since that is what I was aiming for. She told me a handful of important information that I had never known about before. My only concern is that it could be too long for the edit. However, I knwe that having more footage is much better than not having enough. We did have a few issues with the Tascam since the batteries did not last a long while and I kept having to clear the card during filming. 

After we had finished walking around the community we took a lunch break before heading out again. I had taken someone with me to record my trip with Izabella to the town centre, we only took the DSLR and Rode Mic. I wanted to see if Izabella would talk about my father personally and tell me information that I haven't heard before. I don't really know if I will be using the footage I got from this trip since I didn't really find any necessary information out. However, I did manage to get a few clips that I could use as fillers in the edit. While out in the center I had to purchase a lot more batteries for the Tascam since the ones I currently had already died on me and I couldn't charge them up anywhere. 

Overall I was happy how the first proper production day went, the weather was great and Izabella was really keen to talk to me about anything. The one thing that wasn't useful is the fact that when I asked Izabella an important deep question she told me to ask my father, which wasn't helpful at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)