Major Project - Filming / Travel Day 4


Today it started off with my father actually showing up late to the shoot, I was getting worried that he isn't going to show but he did. We started filming later then scheduled, I originally wanted to have a sit down conversation with my Dad but by the way he was being that wasn't going to happen. So we decided to firstly go out into the town and chat to each other while filming actuality shots together. This was more so he get's to feel more comfortable around me and the camera since I knew that he felt uncomfortable. I also decided to do a few handheld shots around the community and town centre with him, this way I was sure to have enough footage for my edit. I was a bit worried to start asking deep questions since I knew how he was feeling, very secluded. 

I then moved onto our next interview which was with Lama Rinchen, the owner of the community. I was actually very excited to film with him since he is a very friendly individual and knows the most about the history here. I had come across a few issues when filming with Lama Rinchen, the lighting wasn't as great since it started to rain and get gloomy. I also couldn't manage to connect both of the clip mics to the Tascam, it was a struggle but after a few minutes we managed to get it sorted and started to film. 

I had a list of questions prepared for Lama Rinchen, making sure I cover all basis. He gave me a lot of information about the community but not enough about me and my own father. He also felt uncomfortable when asking those questions, this made me feel like me or my father must have done something here that these individuals are not happy with, but I couldn't find out. Lama Rinchen also mentioned that he does not remember much of what I did at the community when I was a child, this came of shock to me since I remember almost everything he had helped me with. I brought up the conversation I had with Izabella and he completely blanked out and had forgotten. This was very upsetting since I had a completely different perspective and I started to get worried for my documentary. I have a big vision for this project and spent a long time planning and putting my heart into is, especially since it's completely out of my comfort zone and in a different country. I need to make this the way I want to, no matter the outcome. 


Throughout the day I also filmed a few teachings that Lama Rinchen carried out. We managed to get some fantastic shots that I was pleased with, as well as sound. I did not use the Tascam throughout these sessions since Lama Rinchen had a microphone on already and the Rode microphone picked that sound up pretty well. I'm not sure if I will be using this with my edit but I was there for filming purposes and made sure to film all kinds of seminars, teachings and shots - as it stated in my schedule and plan. I then ended the day after the teachings and seminars were completed. Transferring all files onto my external hard-drive so that the SD cards were empty for the next day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)