Major Project - Shoot Plan and Schedule

When speaking with Simon I had expressed to him the troubles I was having with the script, it was something I was really struggling with. Simon then reassured me that I don't need an official script but something that is leading me the right path so I'm organised and planned ahead for my shoot. I was really stressing out because of this reason, I was worried I wouldn't be prepared enough for it. I then decided to stop worrying about my script since in a documentary no one sticks to what I had written, I can't possibly know what the answers will be to my questions. I needed to make a plan a schedule, in my pre-production package I had made one but it wasn't good enough to give to my crew members and contributors to give them a rough idea of what is going to happen. I was looking on google to find some sort of template for my schedule and I found a fantastic example.

It was key for me to know the information on what will happen on the shoot as well as having some backup just in case I forget or need guidance. I can focus directly onto this schedule and it will remind me to film and gather all the materials I need for the documentary. It is clear to me that it is very important to know exactly how to shoot the documentary before going out and shooting, I knew exactly what I wanted in my head but how would anyone else? Me explaining it isn't good enough. Not only this the schedule will help me plan preparation and set up, knowing the times for breaks and what's to come next so I have enough time to prepare.

I was thankful for the fact that I did try and make a good enough script, it wasn't to the standard I'd like to be but it still helped me figure out my schedule and overall plan, it gave me the idea of how I wanted to film in which way. As this was created in my pre-production I did rely on it, I didn't choose to develop it anymore since I really had no time to, I had to focus on my schedules, travel, shoots and post production I was pretty glad that I had this prepared in my pre-production package even though it wasn't as great as I'd like it to be. 









I've been doing all my production plans on google docs this way I can have them with me at all time and access them from anywhere + edit on the go which was very helpful. One thing I developed while carrying out all my other work is the schedules and plans for the upcoming shoot days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)