Major Project - Filming / Travel Day 1

Today was the first day of my project beginning, my flight was at 6 am making sure I get to the location at a good time to start filming. Travelling with a very small crew and a lot of equipment is very challenging not to say the least, but also feels rewarding knowing I am working this hard to achieve the best final project I can. After getting picked from the airport and driven to the community I was hit with instant nostalgia. Seeing the community and so much change really made me feel like I've been gone for over decades, but in fact it was exactly 10 years since I've visited the community. 

I did not waste anytime when I got onto location. Instantly I went into my room started unpacking and set up to  start filming. I knew the weather would not be great for the rest of the week so I wanted to take advantage of the nice sunny weather that had appeared on the day I arrive. On this day I decided to get all of my fillers and cinematic shots before the weather turned grey. I knew that my script and plan was based mostly inside interviews and a few outside actuality shots so I had to change the plan slightly when I saw the weather change. 


I was very excited to film with the Cannon 7D, I am a big fan of DSLRs especially on long distance trips. They are very easy to handle on a trip and compact. I also made sure to take with me the Tascam and LED lights, I am very excited to use these in the next few days. Overall throughout the first day I've been here I've just been focusing on cinematography and fillers for when I need to edit. I also planned for myself to film a lot more then required since I won't really have a chance to re-shoot. 

Having a small crew with me on site is definitely helpful, I feel much more confident in my project knowing I have someone to perfect my skills and let me know what needs changing and what doesn't. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)