Major Project - Filming / Travel Day 5

Fifth and final day of shooting Life in Kamtsang. Today I spent the entire day filming with my father. We began shooting at one of the buildings that we used to live in, he was showing me around the Drupkang and how much time we spent in the building. One issue I had with filming there was that it was simply too dark! We had LED aperture kit but since the shots were handheld and we were moving about they became useless, I decided to leave them out and hopefully can brighten it in the edit. I also was feeling very unwell from the beginning of the day, worried that I'd have a raspy voice during filming. As you can see from the photos the building had a yellow tint and I was wearing black which really didn't go together and made the overall look a little horrible. When looking over the clips at the end of the day I was happy that I had other shots.

Later on we went on to film more actuality shots around the community before It started raining since the weather started to look a little gloomy, We had to ignore my schedule and plan depending on the weather. I started to ask my father deeper questions but it seemed like he was ignoring them. He also looks very secluded and content with himself, the way he is presenting the way he looks and walk was unsettling for me since I was very relaxed and looking forward to what he had to say about my questions. After asking him a few warm up ones he did not give me what I wanted, I kept pushing and edging him to but I still didn't manage. Now this really made me worried as to how am I going to recover from this. Knowing I can somehow manage to work something out In the edit calmed me down but I had so much hope in finding out a lot throughout this trip and was a little disappointed. 

After taking a break we moved along to start shooting more establishing and handheld shots. Me and my dad then went to film at his home that was build around the time he left the community. I had no idea about this house at all, so it came on very suddenly when I found out. I asked quite a lot of questions about this house but once again my father decide to work around them. We then moved on to have a sit down conversation with Izabella since she was at home, she started showing me photos of when I was younger and it was a very emotional part of the day. My dad didn't really get involved but I felt like it was a very important part that I needed in my documentary. The Tascam worked very well throughout the day, I was overall very happy with the sound.


The shoot ended with me still wanting to ask more questions knowing I don't really have what I wanted but my father was being very difficult, I was not expecting this from him at all. I now how to look through my footage and decide how I can work around it and make it what I want. There is not enough time for me to come up with a whole different plan since I've put a lot of effort and heart into this, it meant a lot to me. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)