Major project - Overseas Risk Assessment + Forms

Over the time that I have been with the course I was very familiar with the risk assessments but this was the first time I had to do one for overseas filming. When originally filling in my risk assessment I had emails back and forth telling me there is not enough information, I decided to speak with Helen who has filmed abroad and she gave me a few tips in how to filled the paper work in correctly and in depth. 




After making all necessary amendments I finally managed to get the risk assessment signed off. I didn't actually realise how important it was to get this assessment filled in correctly. As I am being multi-skilled on this project and flying overseas to make it a reality I have to be responsible for all kinds of risks that have to be outlined. I had to do a little bit of research online with this as I had no idea what kinds of risk I could be facing, it was interesting to see external sources write about hundreds of different types of risks that can occur on flights, driving, weather, equipment ect. 



It was really important for me to understand this as I could risk not being able to take out any equipment and this would delay all future shoots and work for myself. I did not realise that there was a whole government health and safety website where I could read about all these possible risks, this really opened up my eyes to make sure I am being careful and save throughout this project. 

http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/identify-the-hazards.htm

My budget was finalised and I was very happy when I received around £180 in donations for this project, the remainder was made by my own funds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)