Major Project Pre-Production | Script Writing Improvement V.2

I find script writing particularly difficult, I'm not very good at it - the structure of the script helped me write it much better. What I found very helpful is that my Directors Statement really helped me write out my script much quicker and easier, I already knew the shots I wanted to get all I had to do was fill in the V/O text and add a little more information. I kept my Directors statement side by side with the script and referred to what I had already written. 

Originally I thought the script would be very difficult to write, this is why I decided to express my cinematic vision within a Directors statement before I even started the script. This was a great idea and helped me tremendously. Having to film a documentary you don't know what the people you are interviewing will stay, so I had to just assume myself and fill in the blanks with 'xxx' since my script will have many different versions and will also end up being transcribed.

I have a rough idea of what I want the individuals to say but can't control exactly how they will say it, that's why transcribing the script after filming has been completed will be also done. I had started my Directors statement as soon as Simon told me the importance of it, since I am multi-skilling on my project I didn't have anyone else writing the script with me. This is why I though that the Directors Statement would basically form my entire script, I just had to completely change the structure and add time-codes. The script will be my backbone of when I am filming the project.

I have also sent Helen my script hoping for some professional feedback, Helen has some fantastic experience in writing documentary scripts. This will definitely help me develop the script even more. I have to make sure that I translate the script perfectly on screen. As Simon mentioned to me that my script might change completely, but this is fine because I don't know what will happen during my shoot until I start shooting. The script will give me an idea of how I plan to shoot, I will try to follow it through as much as I can. I still need to add a lot more detail and material in the script.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)