Major Project Pre-Production | Simons Feedback - Platform Changes

Today I had my 3rd/4th tutorial with Simon in regards to my pre-production package, I am currently on a track to working on my directors statement and script - I need to develop it a lot more detail.

Simon has mentioned that I have to explain why I want to film in a certain way, how will I film my interviews? Will they be sat down or will it be a casual actuality shot. I need to really express this in my directors statement.

Simon has really expressed that I need to make my directors statement really details, I need to explain each and every action I take - I have no put aside my script to work through my directors statement. He also mentioned I should just do some simple shots of the interviews I'm planning to do, as well as transitions and the way I want to edit this documentary.

He wants me to figure out if I will be talking to the camera or I will be off camera voicing over? I definitely want the camera to be following me on this journey e.g getting on the plane, in the taxi, leaving the community etc.

With the filming coming up in December, I need to make sure I have all of this confirmed and planned, I need to be prepared so the next steps are to complete my detailed directors statement and complete the test shoots I want to film since they might end up changing in the end.

Simon made it clear to me that I cannot have Amazon prime as my platform, Amazon prime does not cast 20 minute documentaries, it simply does not fit into the requirements which I now understand.

I started to do some research and these are a few platforms that would fit the criteria of my documentary;

Kinoteka Film Festival - https://kinoteka.org.uk/about

Festival Gdynia - http://www.festiwalgdynia.pl/en/Array-_festiwal-polskich-filmow-fabularnych.html

I'm thinking of placing my documentary within a film festival platform located in Poland or even the UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)