Fiction Adaptation - Filming Test Shots - Experimental

While doing this unit Mike really wants us to focus on our creativity and camera movements. I love this and decided to really follow it, i wanted to use a steady cam, track and dolley, stabilizer etc. I have never really used these before in my productions because they take up time and space, but since i had used them in this production my overall project looks flawless with these amazing experimental shots. They are not all perfect i could have made them better here and there but i am still proud i went out and used these shots! I wanted to expand my knowledge and filming skills to the max in this project, i decided to take the chance and use the most equipment i could and put it to the test! I challenged myself but if i didn't i would have never used any of these ever.

Even though it was difficult due to the ground not being steady i still managed to get some great shots, i also tried to zoom in with the dolley and zoom out with the camera but that was VERY difficult. I did not manage to get the shot even though it was filmed about 20 times but i still learn a lot! I have uploaded a few test shots that i have done so i can always go back and see what was the issue and why the shots didn't come out just right. I have decided that it's difficult to get this shot done with a Cannon since the zoom is on the lens and it is not subtle at all. I had difficulties balancing the track and Dolley on the ground since there was people walking all the time and the ground was very unsteady so i had to use one of my crew members to hold the track. While out filming i wanted to experiment all of these techniques outside with me crew and actors rather than in the studio since we always have the opportunity to do it there. I wanted to see what challenges i would face outside while out on a real shoot.



I also have to be very careful with over exposure because while i am now editing i cannot undo what the sun has done! All of the shots were filming almost 20 times just to make sure they end up perfect! Mike gave us a workshops a few times on how to use all of the equipment and i also had a conversation with Fergus to make sure i am using it correctly. With the track and dolley it fell off a few times and ruined the shot, i have to remember to bring the sand bags with me. While having the stabilizer on the camera i found it difficult to balance it correctly and could not get a nice clear shot with that, i watched a few tutorials on how to balance it correctly and i seemed to be overweighting my camera with lens's that is why i could not get the stabilizer to work correctly, which is a shame but i made sure to use the Warp Stabilizer on Adobe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)