Fiction Adaptation - Joy - Experimental Films

For the past week we were set a task to create a short movie that describes one of our chosen moods. I chose 'JOY' i think it was a great mood and could emphasise a lot! I was trying to experiment more with handheld footage rather than using any rigs because that's what i will be doing in my own fiction adaptation movie. Handheld clips really make the movie look realistic and the audience feels like they are with the characters.

I also used the dolley/tracker to also experiment with those kind of shots but i did not like them as much. I also used a fig rig but once again it's not something i personally like to use! I tried to learn how to complete a zoom in and zoom out shot but the room being too much and didn't have much of nice atmosphere it did not look pleasant. Since i was a little late on this project i did not have all the equipment on hand but i still tried to use everything i could to make this project look great.

 While filming i think using the white wall looked best, i also decided to use some LED lighting to make sure that the people facing the camera are well light and the audience can see. I was also struggling to think of what i could film, it's not as easy as many people think. I struggled getting much footage as i could not think of any actions. Setting the task really showed me that it's not easy to film a 2 minute video about 'JOY' it is one of the hardest tasks i've been set. Overall i enjoyed filming it with the help of Jason and Oli. Will and Katie also stepped in to help me think of some cover shots i could include.



While editing this i choose some very happy background music that really sets the scene for the whole project. I did not really want to overdo with crazy effects as i wanted to keep this plain and simple so the audience understands what is happening. I adjusted the brightness and contrast as well as doing some simple colour grading. I feel like overall it turned out Fine but there is much more that i could have improved on this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)