Digital News - Recording Voice Overs

I needed to record a voice over for a section that i had in the 'Folkestone' sequence. This voice over needed to inform the viewers about Folkestone itself and what it used to be, general history behind Folkestone. I decided to get my brother to record his voice over my own setup that i had at home with a Blue Yeti and Audacity, i only needed to record about 30 seconds of his voice. 

Once i set up everything and made sure that the program was recording the voice, my brother started reading the lines and recording his voice. When he was recording the VO he sounded very mellow and down so i told him to lighten up but he couldn't haha, so i tried again with my partner.

After he had recorded the voice over it sounded lovely and nice, but Amber and Joni thought that he sounded a little sad also! I now decided to record the voice over myself and see if that makes anything better. 

Overall it wasn't a big part of the editing process but it was still important to do as the viewers want to know the background of Folkestone. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Adaptation - Trespass - John Clare research

As Live Production - VT Reasearch 'Fashion Fails'

As Live Production - First look into Studio Production (workshop)